1-1 新年
Happy New Year! What are your New Year resolutions1?
新年快乐!你新的一年有什么目标?
贴心提醒:想让话更简短一些,直接说 Happy New Year! 就够了。
你也可以这样说
Cheers2! I wish everyone a fresh start for the New Year.
干杯!我祝大家新的一年都有一个好的开始。
Time flies! It feels like the year just started and suddenly it has finished!
时光飞逝!总觉得一年才刚开始,然后一下子又结束了!
I am always so excited during the countdown3 each year!
每一年的新年倒计时,我都很兴奋!
◎ 单词词组精讲
① New Year resolutions ph. 新年的决心,即新年的目标
② Cheers! int. 干杯!
③ countdown n. 倒数计时
1-2 情人节
I love your hair, your lips, and your eyes. Wow, I''m so good at1 telling lies!
我爱你的头发、嘴唇和眼睛。哇!我说谎说得真好!
你也可以这样说
This is our third Valentine''s Day together. We need to do something special!
这是我们一起度过的第三个情人节。我们得做一些特别的事!
Try something interesting and romantic2 on Valentine''s Day.
试着在情人节那天做一些浪漫有趣的事。
What are you going to do on Valentine''s Day?
情人节那天你们打算做什么?
◎ 单词词组精讲
① be good at sth ph. 擅长于某事(如果要强调做某事而需要使用动词时,可以用 be good at V-ing sth 这种结构)
② romantic adj. 浪漫的、多情的
1-3 愚人节
I love April Fool''s Day1! Every prank2 is funny as long as it''s happening to someone else.
我喜欢愚人节!所有的恶作剧都很好笑,只要是发生在别人身上的!
你也可以这样说
My goal for today is to go a whole day without getting pranked!
我今天的目标是整天都不要被戏弄!
I ran over3 a man today...APRIL FOOL''S! Just kidding4! It was actually a woman.
我今天开车撞了一个男人愚人节快乐!开玩笑的,其实是撞到了一个女人。
I need good suggestions on what kind of traps to set. Any ideas?
我需要关于设置哪种陷阱的建议。有什么主意吗?
◎ 单词词组精讲
① April Fool''s Day ph. 愚人节(也可以直接说 April Fool''s。而 April Fool''s! 也可以表示愚人节快乐!的意思)
② prank n. v. 恶作剧做恶作剧(当可数名词使用,常与 play 连用,play a prank 即做恶作剧)
③ run over ph. 用车撞倒、辗过
④ Just kidding! ph. 开玩笑的!(也可简写成 jk)
1-4 母亲节
Happy Mother''s Day! Thank you, Mom, for treating me as if I were the most beautiful child in the world.
母亲节快乐!谢谢妈妈,你总是把我当作全世界最美的孩子来对待。
贴心提醒:直接说 Happy Mother''s Day,也能很简单明了地传达心意。
你也可以这样说
Dear Mom, I just want to say that you are the most wonderful mother in the world!
亲爱的妈妈,我只想说你是世界上最棒的妈妈!
Happy Mother''s Day, and thank you for putting up with us1!
母亲节快乐,谢谢你这么容忍我们!
Words cannot describe2 how much I love you, Mommy.
妈妈,言语无法形容我有多么爱你。
◎ 单词词组精讲
① put up with sb ph. 容忍、忍受某人
② describe v. 形容、描述
1-5 父亲节
Any man can become a father, but only the best of them can be a good dad. I love you, Dad.
任何男人都可以成为父亲,但只有最好的男人可以当个好爸爸。我爱你,爸爸。
你也可以这样说
I think we can get a new belt1 for Dad as his Father''s Day present.
我觉得我们可以给爸爸买条腰带当作父亲节礼物。
I just want to say2 that you are the most wonderful father in the world!
我只想说你是世界上最棒的爸爸!
What do you usually buy for3 your dad on Father''s Day?
父亲节的时候,你通常都会给你爸爸买什么?
◎ 单词词组精讲
① belt n. 腰带
② I just want to say... ph. 我只想说(用在一般对话中,当作开场白)
③ buy... for sb ph. 给某人买
1-6 圣诞节
Merry Christmas! Have a fun-filled1 Christmas and an amazing New Year!
圣诞快乐!希望你过一个欢乐的圣诞节,和一个超棒的新年!
你也可以这样说
I wish everyone I love a Merry Christmas!
我祝我爱的所有人圣诞快乐!
Merry Christmas, world! I hope you all get awesome gifts in your stockings2.
大家圣诞快乐!我希望你们都在你们的长袜里拿到很棒的礼物。
I still believe that Santa Claus3 is real, and you should too.
我仍然相信圣诞老人真的存在,你也应该相信。
◎ 单词词组精讲
① fun-filled adj. 充满欢乐的
② stocking n. 长袜(据说如果圣诞节的时候把长袜挂在壁炉旁,圣诞老人就会把礼物放进去)
③ Santa Claus ph. 圣诞老人
1-7 订婚
We''re engaged1! It feels so good to have found the special person I want to grow old with.
我们订婚了!找到我想与之一起变老的那个人,感觉真好。
你也可以这样说
I''ve decided to quit the bachelor''s club2. 我决定要退出单身俱乐部。
He''s my fiance3. 他是我的未婚夫。
They finally decided to tie the knot4. 他们终于决定要结婚了。
◎ 单词词组精讲
① be engaged ph. 订婚
② bachelor''s club ph. 单身俱乐部(指订婚前的单身状态)
③ fiance n. 未婚夫(来自法文,未婚妻为 fiancee)
④ tie the knot ph. 打结(引申意为结婚)
1-8 结婚
Marriage is an adventure1. I''m glad I''ve found someone who''s willing to come on this adventure with me.
婚姻是一场冒险。我很高兴找到了愿意和我一起去冒险的人。
你也可以这样说
You are made for each other2. 你们是天生一对。
Congratulations on your marriage. 恭喜你们结婚。
Where did you go for your honeymoon3? 你们去了哪里度蜜月?
◎ 单词词组精讲
① adventure n. 冒险
② be made for each other ph. 为了对方被制作出来的,天造地设的一对
③ honeymoon n. 蜜月